Looking for something festive, delicious and healthy to bring to those holiday parties this season?
Poached pear cranberry bliss!
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp cranberry jelly
- 2 tbsp raw sugar (modify to your preference)
- 2 tea bags (I suggest apple cinnamon flavor)
- 4 ripe but firm pears, peeled and halved with cores scooped out
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
1. Put the sugar, honey, jelly and tea bags into a big saucepan with 600ml water and bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve the sugar.
2. Add the pear halves, then cover and simmer for 12-15 mins until the pears are just tender - poke them with a skewer or the tip of a knife.
3. Lift out the pears, then turn up the heat, throw in the cranberries and boil for a few mins until syrupy. Discard the tea bags.
4. Serve the pears with the warm syrup poured over and a spoonful of plain or vanilla greek yogurt or ice cream (if you made time for a brisk walk that day!)