Happy Healthy Thanksgiving from Advanced Recovery & Wellness!
As we embark on the holiday season, we are blessed with the company of good friends, family, good will and GREAT FOOD! While you enjoy, keep in mind your waistline!
Fret not, dear friends, Advanced Recovery has compiled a list of good eats and ideas that will leave you satisfied without the guilt! You can easily find great recipes for any of these ideas with a quick online search!
1. Bake some sliced up sweet potatoes with a little ginger and honey instead of the usual sugar-loaded candied yams!
2. Say good-bye to the crust on your pumkin pie! This version is more custard-like and lacks the abundant refined carbs of it's traditional counterpart!
3. Brown rice stuffed bell peppers make a delicious way to add color to your table of treats. Use peppers of all varieties and add tomato sauce prior to baking!
4. Asparagus and green beans tossed in grapeseed oil (better for high cooking temps) and almonds with a little garlic, salt and raw suger in place of the popular Campbell's recipe green bean casorole!
5. Gingered cranberry-raspberry relish is a fresh take on cranberry sauce. Add fresh raspberries and a pinch of crystalized ginger to add some zing this holiday!
In Health and Happiness this Holiday Season,